Why are engagement shoots helpful?
- You get to become friends with your photographer before your wedding day! You have the opportunity to see the way they work and to trust them. Being in a casual shoot situation with your photographer is a good way to help you relax, enjoy it, and get over the initial apprehension of feeling silly in front of the camera before your wedding day rolls around.
- As a photographer, I hugely value the opportunity to build relationships with my clients - which can make a difference to the outcome of your wedding images! Spending time with you as a couple - watching, listening, having fun with you, and photographing you - means I can see how you interact with each other, and get to know your personalities. This is hugely beneficial for capturing images that are fun and personalised to you as a couple.
- In the finished product you get to see what you actually look like in photos together - what poses or natural looks you like, and what you want to emphasis and minimise so that you are happy with the way you look in your wedding photos. Ultimately, it is most important that you LOVE your images, so communication with your photographer is important!
- You will realise that you actually look more silly if you are afraid of just being yourselves - couples that show true love and affection to the one they love, and have fun together, make things a lot easier for the photographer, and end up with the most gorgeous set of photos! I want you to feel beautiful and not be afraid to show it.
- You can use engagement photos on wedding invites, service sheets, wedding websites, during your ceremony, as gifts, or however you want!
- Having a beautiful set of photos of you as a young, fresh, madly in love couple is something that you will treasure forever. Trust me, I definitely will be looking at ours for years and years to come... with the fondest of memories!
- It may help you realise that ANY location can be an AMAZING location, and this can help you choose more creative and interesting locations for your wedding day. Don't be afraid to look beyond the highly photographed spots.
- You only have ONE chance to be engaged - make the most of it!
What happens at an engagement shoot?
I hope you are all having a stunner of a day... I am!